Wednesday, March 3, 2010

My Close Encounter with...THE LAW!!!!

So today I was faced with a great dilemma....

As many of you know, I am plagued by morning sickness. I know its a tricky word plagued, but I feel STRONGLY that its the appropriate description. If I have a really tough morning, it drags onto the rest of the day. Today was no exception, but I was lucky because we are TAKS testing, and I was in extended time. So my real duties didn't start until after 11 am. This being said, I didn't really get in a good meal until later in the day. If you've been pregnant before you know that when hunger hits it HITS. Well on the drive home today, it HIT, and it hit in the kind of "eat now or you will puke the whole way home..."
As I drove I glanced around to see if I could run in and pick something up to snack on the way home. And thats when I saw it...the Golden Arches of McDonalds. I don't consider myself a McDees lover, but suddenly the desire for an M&M MCFlurry overwhelmed me. So naturally I pulled over and got one.
Now I don't know if any of you have attempted to drive and eat something that requires a spoon, but I am here to tell you that it is HARD WORK. So there I am weighing the age old dilemma "is it more dangerous to drive with your knee and enjoy a McFlurry (clearly for the baby!!) or is it more dangerous to continue driving and hope that your dry heaves don't work themselves into full fledged heaves(clearly BECAUSE of the baby)?" Lets just say that the McFlurry won, and I type this from my living room in one solid piece.
Perhaps the best part of all of this was the fact that I passed a policeman in this whole process. Yes, one hand on McFlurry cup, one with spoon shoveling said McFlurry into mouth...he just stared at me. I would like to think that he saw that crazy pregnancy glare in my eyes and chose not to endanger his own life by pulling me over. I think that John would have had to pick my up from jail if that would have been the case. Cause I am here to tell you that before I pulled out license and registration, I was gonna finish that f*cking McFlurry. Cause you don't come between a pregnant lady and her food. Thats just common sense!

No comments:

Post a Comment